Friday, June 17, 2005

There's something wrong with the world today, I dont know what it is, something wrong with our eyes..

Update on life. I am back doing what i love the most, quizzing with a vengence. The last few weeks have been quite productive I must admit. The 15k(woo hoo!!) that i won at the ACE Corporate Quiz, came in very handy at this "taxing" time of the year. As always, quizzing helping me cut some slack in life.
Have started attending K Circle meetings regularly and have come 2nd in both the meetings I attended. Must admit, that the standards of K Circle are not quite there as compared to RV QuizCorp or KQA but still it aint too bad. Keeps me nicely occupied for one evening in the week and also gives me a chance to "unrust" this mind of mine a little. I have been asked by the K Circle guys to do a quiz there, this evening and i guess I am a bit overprepared. 50 dry questions, 10 audios, 10 videos, 15 visuals should suffice for one complete quiz in most places. Its almost like that this kinda hiatus from aggressive quizzing has left me teeming with fundaes. So today will be an unleash after a long time. Hope the KCircle guys are ready( **evil smirk**)!

On the musical front have got the Athiest albums that i had been so dying for thanks to satej . Though, I am currently tripping on the brilliant, brilliant Cynic album from 1993 called Focus. Those have to some of the best time shifts that have been seen in a long long time. And the transitions are so smooth, with each movement blending seemlessly into the next. Never imagined that the bass licks interspersed between the clean tone guitars could have such a captivating effect. Plus, the vocals which keep shifting between the Chuck Schuldiner/Chuck Billy kinda mature, anguished growls and the Cyborg-on-helium kinda synthesised voice box effects are a real treat. Awesome stuff this !
Other acquisitions include Coldplay's new offering "X&Y", Audioslave's "Out of Exile" and the critically acclaimed "Hot Fuss" by The Killers. Am still chewing on these, so my thoughts on them in sometime.
Going to watch "Batman Begins" also tomorrow. I have been following the progress of this movie since August last year, so i cant wait to watch the final product. The initial reviews have been very positive. I am hoping that Chris Nolan( Memento, Insomnia) has finally given my superhero the treatment/respect that he deserves.

Current Music: Cynic - Sentiment