Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Every day is exactly the same..

Cant believe I am hearing this song right now. What a perfectly apt description of life in a cube!

Hmm....havent heard this song before. The artist is Nine Inch Nails btw...guess the song must be from their new album "In Teeth". Have been hearing good things about this album. I think the first single from this album "The Hand that feeds" came out while I was in Las Vegas and it was creating quite a buzz there. Must buy this album when it comes here, which will be god knows when.

My new music purchases include the amazing Dave Matthews' solo album called "Some Devil". That dude is one talented bugger i must admit. Beautiful album with some really catchy ditties. The ones that stand out are the first 4 songs on the tape. "Dodo" has this really melodious chorus which goes something like "Why would you play by the rules?Who did, you did, you !You say who did, well you did, you" A little intriguing i must admit, but it sounds a whole lot better when Mr Matthews sings it in his smokey voice. The other track that really stands out is "Gravedigger". A very minimal song but one that almost killed me the first time i heard it. Sample these lyrics

Grave digger
When you dig my grave
could you make it shallow
so that I can feel the rain

People nowadays say that poetry is dead. You really think so??

Ahh well....there's my manager calling me for a meeting. Bye bye Dave Matthews :-(

Current Music: King Karma - Breathe