Thursday, September 22, 2005

Stapled shut - inside an outside world

It’s the same story every month. Month after month. Ceaseless. Painful. Temptation walks into my life, thinly veiled as information, news, updates, call it what you want. Temptation that just fans my fire for the unknown, for the wild, for the unbridled, for the uncharted. Its gets tougher and tougher to control when months go by and I don’t pander to its lascivious needs, it eats me from within, calling out to me like the devil sought out Eve on that fateful day. And I succumb……. yes more often that not I succumb.

What is this temptation you ask? It comes in an innocuous enough form, I’ll give it that much…those slick, glossy pages are nothing compared to what has led most other men astray, but to feed my wanderlust, those pages filled with their descriptions of wondrous lands are more than sufficient. They with their mesmerizing words, breathtaking sceneries are enough to leave me sleepless, …..ok …maybe not sleepless, but at least breathless for a few minutes. But that Outlook Traveler is nothing but pure evil in its most primitive form, I tell you. And I seek it like a moth seeks a flame, month after month, to see places far and beyond, places that are far too numerous to be covered in one normal lifetime. They even give advice on how to get there, which are the cheapest places to stay and which are the best months to visit. Hell, there is only so much a man can do to resist, ok?!!!

God, I implore you, beseech you, help me, help me to be strong enough to withstand its vile machinations, its wily games. And if you can’t do that, at least give me enough money to do its bindings.

PS.maybe I had a little too much free time at office today, but what the hell this is still my blog,ok!!. And I mean every word I wrote.

Current Music: Slipknot - Before I Forget