Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Sky high, with a heartache of stone...

Just noticed that the header of my blog also mentions something called Books. Yup my reading appetite currently seems to be a little low, mostly due to the fact that I haven't liked most of what I have read of late and no I dont give a shit about Harry Potter. Also, I have noticed that generally my reading tends to follow a pattern of crests and troughs, wherein a great read will enthuse me enough to go after many more authors only to be reminded all kinds of trash that goes around in the name of books. Kinda like people these books are you know. Find a good one and they reaffirm your faith in mankind, whereas a bad one makes you wanna bolt away from them.

The last good book i read was The Hungry Tide by Amitav Ghosh. As always, his evocative prose and his "presentation" of the Sunderbans absolutely blew me away. Am currently reading "The Hiram Key: Pharaohs, Freemasonry, and the Discovery of the Secret Scrolls of Jesus", a book that was recommended to me by my current quizzing partner, Pratyush. Deals with a lot of investigations into Freemasonry and Knights Templar. Been okay so fay. Kinda like reading a National Geographic article. Only much longer. I know what you must be thinking. Freemasons, Knights Templar, Jesus ----> DA VINCI CODE!! And all i can say to that is NOOOOOOOOOOOO I havent read that damn book as yet. Will do so after all the hype dies down.
Hmm, that reminds me, at some point in life i was having this rather animated conversation with a friend of mine about how much a person's opinion about a book betrays his or her character. Maybe thats why I haven't written too much about the books that i have been reading on this blog. But then so does musical taste also.....

Current Music: Pilgrimz - Farby Barfly