Monday, July 25, 2005

Listen, damn it, we will win.....

Got this great opportunity to go para sailing in the last few days. My office team had one of its morale outings wherein we are taken to do something fun (which if you are in Hyderabad, either revolves around Prasad's or means just gorging on food). However, some guys took it upon themselves to change the state of affairs and decided that we would go and do para sailing over hussainsagar. The idea literally shocked me out of my own little reverie (..my previous few posts have given you a good idea as to what the state of affairs have been over the past few days). I was, after days, actually feeling a little excited about going out. Seemed like a little sunshine had finally given me its warmth.

Alas, it was not to be :( Turns out that the equipment that these people have can support only people who are less than 70 kgs. And the last time I fell into that category was well....to put it mildly...a long time ago. So I sat there in the corner looking at some of my collegues who actually managed to make it through the weight limit, staring at them, like a child looking at his lost balloons flying into the sky. Damn!! These parasailing-organising-schmucks will go to the dogs i tell you.

After that got to see Sarkar. That movie is worth every penny i tell you, a nice contemporary version of Godfather. To me, that has perhaps puts this movie even higher in my faves list, well over Coppola's Godfather, cuz I like the fact that i can so associate with it. Its not Coppola's GF which is set in a world that i can hardly recognize. Its set in a urban dystopia, that is so instrinisic to our life as urban indians. RGV's new found love for extreme closeups is quite appreciated (...well dont know what the Gandhi class dudes have to say about that though!)...it reminds me of some of these weird japanese hentai cartoons, which nearly always focuses on the characters eyes to bring about the emotion. Lets see if its something that we would come to expect of Varma, or whether its a passing fad.

It was my roommate's( or flatmate's...is that even a word??) birthday over the weekend which presented me an opportunity to finally try out my precious bottle of EverClear that i had purchased from the US of A. Man that drink is STRONG!! And it hits you like a rocket...its like pouring burning petrol down your throat...couldnt manage more than a 60 this time....will continue my experiments with the "brew" in the future.

Current Music: Tool - Eulogy